Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bailey

So if you knew my dog Bailey then you were very lucky!! For the last month he has started to walk in circles and run in the walls. At first it was pretty funny. Then it started to get worse I told me parents that they needed to take him in and finally after when all he was doing was walking in circles I went with my dad to the vet and the vet said that he had a Brain infection and that there was really nothing that would make him better!! It was I think one of the saddest days of my life. We asked the vet if he was in pain and he said he wasn't but we still had to put him down. This all happened on Mon 6/9. I just wanted to pay a tribute to my dog Bailey. My family has had Bailey since I was around 10 years old and it was the first dog that my mom would allow in the house. It was so exciting! He was a fun dog that when he wanted to play he would come in my room and look at me and grab something and run out. Sara Wright and I would always go on walks with our dogs Simon and Bailey we would try to make them be friends. Bailey loved to cuddle!! He would love to come in my room in the morning and jump on my bed to sleep longer with me or after I would work night shift at the hospital I would come home and he would cuddle with me all day. Then when I got married my said that he would go to my room and scratch at the door or walk in and look for me. I loved Bailey and he was the best dog ever!! After this expereince and crying all night Wade finally said that I could have a dog that could be inside the house!! I won't get one right now though.

5 comments:

Heather & Josh said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. That is always sad to lose a pet you've had for so long. I'm glad you found my blog and left me a comment. I think I called you a while ago and left you a message, but I wasn't sure if you still had the same number I had. Anyway its good to hear from you, and now I can stay in touch with you more.

*Angie* said...

taryn! your post made me laugh and cry! you are too cute. So sorry to hear about bailey, I was very fortunate to have known him and simon (sasha?). Did you keep any hair?

The Broughs said...

Taryn, I am so sorry about your sweet little dog. I hope you are doing okay. Oh, congratulations on getting your condo! That is so exciting! I hope you and Wade are doing great!

Ariel said...

I loved Bailey. It's super hard to lose your childhood pet.
I'm happy to see two new posts. I can't wait to see pics of your house.

Jess and Nate said...

Oh :( I feel your pain Taryn, we had to put Meesha down about a month ago. Bailey was a fun dog, I remember having sleepovers and playing with Bailey and your bird (sorry I forget the bird's name). You had Bailey a long time! I'm loving this blog thing, it is so fun to find old friends!